QPSSS is made up of dedicated volunteers working to achieve the following objectives:
1. inform Queensland parents about current policies and guidelines relating to religious lessons and activities in schools;
2. advocate for the removal of religious instruction delivered by volunteers to select groups of students;
3. advocate for the introduction of a curriculum based program in which multiple religions and non-religious world views are taught by qualified teachers to all students;
4. advocate for funds to be redirected from the National School Chaplaincy Program to the provision of more professionally trained secular school counsellors and guidance officers.
QPSSS is not anti-religion, anti-theist or anti-atheist and makes no comment on the validity or otherwise of faith positions in this forum. As such, we welcome all like-minded secularists who share our goals. We feel that our children are currently being done a disservice in that their education fails to reflect the reality of, or prepare them adequately for, the society in which they live and which they will inherit.
Play your part by joining us today and:
1. Like our facebook page
2. Share this page with your friends
3. Contact us to share your experiences
4. Share your ideas on how we can further achieve our objectives.